Search results

1. seagull

Flooding around Lusk

Does anyone know which roads are currently flooded and how badly? AA says the R132 is flooded at Blakes cross. Is it bad enough that I need to carry on the M1 to the Lusk/Balbriggan exit and then come back and into Lusk past Dun Emer?
  2. seagull

Painting houses any colour

I actually think the grey with white windows works quite well. It doesn't fit wonderfully well with the houses around it, but I wouldn't class it as an eyesore.
  3. seagull

Fireplace - Want to be able to light a fire

We hadn't decided whether to go with a gas fire or move to an open fire, but didn't like the way the pipe stuck out the fireplace with no way to turn it off. Friends of ours had their boys knock the pipe and rupture it while they were playing in the lounge, and there was no way to turn it off...
  4. seagull

Spelling, grammar and punctuation of elected officials

Bear in mind that this is in his second language. First language for any politician is obfuscatory gobbledegook.
  5. seagull

New shower

We had to replace ours last year. We got a triton. By memory, it was about €200, and another €80 odd for installation. If we were doing it again, we'd just get another mira like was fitted initially.
  6. seagull

New shower

We had to replace ours last year. We got a triton. By memory, it was about €200, and another €80 odd for installation. If we were doing it again, we'd just get another mira like was fitted initially.
  7. seagull

Fitting a stove

Has anyone got a wood burning stove fitted in their lounge? Did you get it fitted into the fireplace, or standing proud? Who did you use?
  8. seagull

Explosions like noise everyday

Probably bird scarers.
  9. seagull

Trees being felled on Rathmore Road

According to the report, the inner line of trees is in ok soil, and so they are healthy.
  10. seagull

ammed of arts of association and change of name

There are two reasons behind that comment. It comes as a mod request, in that quoting previous posts unnecessarily takes additional storage. It also comes as a user suggestion, in that the thread as a whole is actually easier to read if you don't quote posts unnecessarily.
  11. seagull

Please don't quote the post you are replying to when it is the immediately preceding one.
  12. seagull

Trees being felled on Rathmore Road

There's a thread about this on boards.ie -
  13. seagull

Please play nicely children, or Daddy's going to have to take your toys away. M Ward - I would strongly recommend you run your posts through a spell checker. I can't understand them. It's generally not a good idea to use text speak on a forum.
  14. seagull

BER Cert and Rating

I think the looking through bills part is more to do with comparing different houses with similar use. If both houses have a similar occupancy and the heating bill for one is three times that of the other with both houses at a similar temperature, then it indicates one is far beter insulated.
  15. seagull

Attic Conversions in Lusk Village

Yes. I promise I haven't just done a ninja edit to add that bolded part in. ;)
  16. seagull

Attic Conversions in Lusk Village

We had one done a while back, and it went through that bedroom. We're in a type B1 - 3 bed house with the bay window. I'm not sure that there's really any other option.
  17. seagull

toilet off kitchen legislation and remodel.

A single door is now OK. From the regulations Technical Guidance Document Part G - Hygiene 2.5 A room or space containing a water closet should be separated from a place used for the preparation or cooking of food by means of: (a) in the case of a building used solely as a dwelling, a door...
  18. seagull

Neighbours.ie & ever changing designs, layouts and appearance

For anyone who really dislikes the current format of the forum, go to this thread and voice your displeasure.
  19. seagull

Property Tax

Do you have a link to this?
  20. seagull

Lusk Village 'over the sink' kitchen cabinet doors

If you search through the forum, there's a thread from quite a while back that highlights this issue with the cupboard doors.