Recent content by cheops

1. C

trees dying help!

Anyone else annoyed that the trees are being allowed to die in fairview close? I know its hot weather but I've emailed the managment company several times over the past few weeks but the trees are still dying. I'm sorry to see that these 15 year old trees are being allowed to dehydrate and for...
  2. C

no SKY signal since floods?

Has anyone else in block B had trouble with their SKY signal since the bad weather? I'm trying to figure out whether it is the communal dish or something else. Thanks for you help.
  3. C

Census forms: do people have them yet?

Got mine about a week ago. The fella called in to explain it, so he confirms name etc, I've seen him since a couple of times wearing a CSO hi-vis. Poor fella, probably difficult to catch everybody in the area at home. I'm sure he's working off a list and will be back around. CSO pays a fixed...
  4. C

bicycle theft

think you're right about the local kids again. Also found something stuck to the magnetic lock on the door from the car park to block C. Preventing the lock from locking properly, probably how they got away. I'm going to be very vigilant for this on the door to my block and I'd advise others to...
  5. C

bicycle theft

didn't check all the doors to the carpark, but 3 hours is a small window for such a gathering of coincidences. I'll get mick the caretaker to check the cctv when he's in tomorrow, maybe that will shed some light on it. With bike wheels and parts going missing my gut tells me its not the easy...
  6. C

bicycle theft

yes this crap again. I've just had my second bike robbed today from the car park. Between 4.30 and 7.30 pm. I had both wheels locked so they undid the wheels and took the frame. Did anyone see a person or persons carrying a bright blue bike frame out of the car park today? oh and double...
  7. C

Issue for Agenda for Mgt Meeting 21st October 7.30 Croke Park.

Hello, Here's the issues I would raise. Looking at the accounts it appears that we have a 40,000euro deficit this year. I really don't want management fees to increase and I see that we are spending 42,000 on light and heat. Does this seem excessive to anyone else? The drainage in the...
  8. C

bicycle theft

Also reported robbery to clontarf gardai, spoke to danny the onsite snag guy I showed him where the grills were loose, he is working on a securing solution and has contacted the contractors about getting the clamps that are holding down the other grills. though it is possible that those 6...
  9. C

bicycle theft

more bikes gone :mad: My bike is missing from the carpark this morning, was locked by the frame to the rack outside the block b lift shaft. Must have been taken using bolt cutters. Two other bikes went missing last night. CCTV is going to be examined. Sounds like an organised job. Gonna report...
  10. C

clicking fire alarm

I'm in block B and have had this clicking for a few days, met the guy from the fire alarm people, someone has disturbed the heat sensor (roundy thing like the smoke alarm) in their apartment or its not set right, system reporting a fault. they are having trouble identifying which unit is giving...
  11. C

introduce myself

Hi, for me the title will be the final peice of the puzzle, other than that i'm all set, even have the cheque issued, I'm really looking forward to it. I wonder if the developers know how useless their solictors are?
  12. C

introduce myself

hi paul, I got a ber certificate from the builders solicitors issued on the 5th feb for a 2 bed in block b, coming in at a B3 rating. I am still waiting clarification on the title issue for over a month now. It sounds very like your map mismatch. Did you get this resolved or are you being stalled?
  13. C

introduce myself

Hi Paul, I have to agree with ned about calling the foreman, sometimes the legal end don't know their arse from their elbow and a quick intervention by you with the foreman can sort things out. Happened to me with storage, it took the legals a week to catch up on something as plain as your nose...
  14. C

introduce myself

Hi, thanks everyone for replying. This hitch might not be so bad, yesterday's paper says that there are 29 units left and contracts for 10 of these have been signed since christmas, leaving just 19 unsold.
  15. C

introduce myself

Hello Hello Hi, my name is colm, I'm going to move in to block b in the next few weeks. I think its great that this forum is here and there is some great tips on it. I'm really close to closing but my solicitor has hit a snag. Basically she's not happy that I wont get a management membership...